Header Image - СКЕЛЕТИ В ШАФАХ

US Charges North Korean Bank Officials in Sanctions Case

The Justice Department unsealed charges Thursday against more than two dozen North Korean individuals accused of making at least $2.5 billion in illicit payments linked to the country’s nuclear weapons and missile program. The case, filed in federal court in Washington, is believed to be the largest criminal enforcement action ever brought against North Korea. The 33 defendants include executives of North Korea’s state-owned bank, Foreign Trade Bank, which in 2013 was added to a Treasury Department list of sanctioned institutions and cut off from the U.S. financial system.  According to the indictment, the bank officials — one of whom had served in North Korea’s primary intelligence bureau — set up branches in countries around the world, including Thailand, Russia and Kuwait, and used more than 250 front companies to process U.S. dollar payments to further the country’s nuclear proliferation program. Five of the defendants are Chinese citizens who operated covert branches in either China or Libya. “Through this indictment, the United States has signified its commitment to hampering North Korea’s ability to illegally access the U.S. financial system and limit its ability to use proceeds from illicit actions to enhance its illegal WMD and ballistic missile programs,” acting U.S. Attorney Michael Sherwin said in a statement. The prosecution underscores ongoing concerns about sanctions violations by North Korea. Last month, United Nations experts recommended blacklisting 14 vessels for violating sanctions against North Korea, accusing the country in a report of increasing illegal coal exports and imports of petroleum products and continuing with cyberattacks on financial institutions and cryptocurrency exchanges to gain illicit revenue. The U.S. has seized about $63 million from the scheme since 2015, according to the indictment. It was not immediately clear whether any of the defendants had lawyers.

Democratic Lawmakers Raise Concerns Over TikTok Privacy Regulations

Fourteen Democratic members of the U.S. House of Representatives’ Energy and Commerce Committee are requesting that Federal Trade Commission regulators investigate the popular video app TikTok for violations of children’s privacy.The Energy and Commerce Committee conducts oversight on the FTC’s privacy unit. The lawsuit filed Thursday follows claims submitted by the Center for Digital Democracy, the Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood and others that TikTok failed to remove videos posted by children under the age of 13, which it had previously agreed to do in a 2019 agreement with the FTC.The FTC fined TikTok $5.7 million in February 2019 over lax enforcement of measures designed to ensure children’s privacy.In addition to removing videos of underage children, the FTC also required the company to comply with all aspects of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) in the future.The 2019 case alleged that TikTok neglected to implement blocks against the collection of tweens’ personal data and did not permit parents to request that their child’s data be deleted — if the parents were even aware that personal data was being collected in the first place.After the FTC ruling, TikTok introduced an under-13 section of the app that does not permit the dissemination of personal information. Last month, the Family Pairing feature was announced, which provides parents with a way to implement restrictions on all teenage accounts, not just those under 13.The Democratic lawmakers say that failure to comply with the FTC’s mandate violates COPPA.”The blatant disregard for the consent decree could encourage other websites to fail to adhere to settlements made with your agency, thereby weakening protections for all Americans,” the letter to the FTC said.The Chinese-owned app has been downloaded 1.9 billion times internationally, including 172 million times in the United States, The New York Times reported. Its popularity has soared since the onset the coronavirus pandemic and worldwide shelter-in-place orders, achieving record first-quarter growth.Suspicions over data collectionThe U.S. government has previously expressed doubts regarding the trustworthiness of the app, citing its Chinese origins. Several branches of the U.S. military, for example, have prohibited personnel from creating an account, and at least one senator has proposed legislation to ban use for federal employees.The lawmakers’ letter to the FTC comes after two Republican members of the Energy and Commerce Committee wrote a letter to the CEO of TikTok’s parent company, ByteDance.Representatives Greg Walden and Cathy McMorris Rodgers requested that the company disclose its data-collection practices for Americans and how that data is shared with the Chinese Communist Party or other Chinese state entities.According to The Hill, TikTok has previously stated it stores American user data in Singapore and denies that it shares information with the Chinese government.

Я ходив на «Квартал», коли ще Зеленський не був президентом – Холодницький

Керівник Спеціалізованої антикорупційної прокуратури Назар Холодницький розповів в ексклюзивному інтерв’ю Радіо Свобода, що припинив ходити на концерти «Кварталу-95» після того, як актори шоу спільно з хором імені Григорія Верьовки висміяли підпал помешкання ексголови НБУ Валерії Гонтаревої.

«Я відкрию вам страшну таємницю. Може, зараз стану ворогом влади. Я ще й на «Дизель-шоу» ходжу. Так що не «Кварталом» єдиним», – розповів Холодницький. За його словами, «це можливість розвіятися і вийти в люди».

«Я ходив на «Квартал», коли ще Зеленський не був президентом. Квиток коштує 3 500 гривень. У «Дизелі» квитки дешевші на 500 гривень», – додав Холодницький.

 

За словами Холодницького, квитки на «Квартал» йому ніхто не дарував, він купував їх за власні гроші. Журналістка Радіо Свобода Власта Лазур нагадала, що нещодавно, народний депутат Юрій Корявченков (Юзік) у Верховній Раді роздавав квитки на «Квартал» своїм колегам, на що Холодницький відповів: «Якщо «Юзік» буде дивитися цей наш випуск, то я йому скажу: що ж ти мені не дав безкоштовного квитка?» Щоправда, на уточнення журналістки, чи дійсно глава САП взяв би безкоштовний квиток, прокурор відповів, що ні, тому що це – корупція.

 

Разумков дозволив співробітникам ЗМІ повернутися на балкон Ради

Голова Верховної Ради Дмитро Разумков видав розпорядження, яким, зокрема, послабив обмеження для роботи журналістів в українському парламенті, спричинені поширенням коронавірусної інфекції.

Відповідно до документа, тепер один оператор або фотокореспондент від одного засобу інформації може бути присутній у ложі преси на балконі зали засідань Верховної Ради. Чисельність людей у цій ложі не може перевищувати 30.

Після початку епідемії COVID-19 зона роботи журналістів у парламенті була обмежена третім поверхом будівлі, де розташований пресцентр Верховної Ради.

Обиженный карлик пукин паникует: холопы не хотят платить мзду кооперативу озеро

Обиженный карлик пукин паникует: холопы не хотят платить мзду кооперативу озеро
 

 
 
Для распространения вашего видео или сообщения в Сети Правды пишите сюда, или на email: pravdaua@email.cz
 
 
Лучшие предложения товаров и услуг в Сети SeLLines
 
 
Ваши потенциальные клиенты о нужных им товарах и услугах пишут здесь: MeNeedit
 

Эрдоган загнал обиженного карлика пукина в тупик: ловушка готова захлопнуться

Эрдоган загнал обиженного карлика пукина в тупик: ловушка готова захлопнуться
 

 
 
Для распространения вашего видео или сообщения в Сети Правды пишите сюда, или на email: pravdaua@email.cz
 
 
Лучшие предложения товаров и услуг в Сети SeLLines
 
 
Ваши потенциальные клиенты о нужных им товарах и услугах пишут здесь: MeNeedit
 

Парад в честь падения экономики и доходов пукинских холопов

Парад в честь падения экономики и доходов пукинских холопов.

Экономика путляндии вошла в пике, а обиженный карлик пукин миллиарды вкладывает в покатушки железа по красной площади
 

 
 
Для распространения вашего видео или сообщения в Сети Правды пишите сюда, или на email: pravdaua@email.cz
 
 
Лучшие предложения товаров и услуг в Сети SeLLines
 
 
Ваши потенциальные клиенты о нужных им товарах и услугах пишут здесь: MeNeedit
 

Loved Ones Reunite at an Oasis on Closed US-Canada Border

Alec de Rham sat with his back against a stone obelisk marked “International Boundary” as he and his wife visited with a daughter they hadn’t seen in 10 weeks.  
Hannah Smith took a bus and a bicycle from Vancouver, British Columbia, to the border to meet her “main person,” Jabree Robinson, of Bellingham, Washington.
And beside a large, white arch symbolizing U.S.-Canadian friendship, Lois England and Ian Hendon kissed giddily, reunited for a few hours after the longest separation of their three-year relationship.
Families, couples and friends — separated for weeks by the pandemic-fueled closing of the border between the U.S. and Canada — are flocking to Peace Arch Park, an oasis on the border where they can reunite, and touch, and hug.
The park covers 42 acres (17 hectares) of manicured lawn, flower beds, and cedar and alder trees, extending from Blaine, Washington, into Surrey, British Columbia, at the far western end of the 3,987-mile (6146-km) contiguous border. As long as they stay in the park, visitors can freely roam from the U.S. to the Canadian side, and vice versa, without showing so much as a passport.  
It’s a frequent site of picnics and sometimes weddings, not to mention an area for travelers to stretch their legs when holiday traffic clogs the ports of entry. And for now it’s one of just a few areas along the along the entire border where those separated by the closure can meet.
Officials closed the park in mid-March over coronavirus concerns. The U.S. side reopened early this month, as Washington Gov. Jay Inslee eased some of the restrictions in his stay-home order, and the Canadian side reopened two weeks ago. England, of Sumas, Washington, said she cried when Hendon called to give her the news and they quickly made plans to meet.
England said she and Hendon have generally been careful about social distancing, but there was no thought of keeping 6 feet apart when they saw each other.
“I was really getting depressed over it — this was a huge reprieve,” she said.
It typically takes 40 minutes for England to get to Hendon’s home in Surrey, and they have usually seen each other at least once a week since they met online three years ago. Hendon, an electrician, has kept busy with work during the pandemic, while England has spent time with her daughter and her mother, who live nearby.
The couple chat by Skype almost every morning, but England missed Hendon so badly a few weeks ago that she tried to enter Canada as an “essential” visitor — a category reserved for medical workers, airline crews or truckers hauling crucial goods. Canadian guards turned her away.
One reunion was not enough. The next day, they returned with a barbecue and steaks.
About a half-hour drive to the east, other families met where roads on either side closely parallel a small ditch marking the border. Visitors set up chairs across from each other and had long chats; there’s less freedom to touch there.  
Before they tried it, Tim and Kris Browning thought it might be too hard to see each other without touching. Kris lives north of the border in Abbotsford, where she is a hospital cook, and Tim lives just south, where he works as an electrician for a berry grower. They married in 2014 after meeting online; the virus has delayed Tim’s application to move to Canada.
But chatting across the ditch and a rusty guard rail, or in a nearby raspberry field owned by Tim’s employer, has become a weekly highlight — much better than a device, they said.
“It’s been really heartwarming to see all the families out, and everyone’s been so nice,” said Tim, who usually spends three days a week with Kris and her two children in Canada. “One Border Patrol agent came by and said, ‘Why aren’t you hugging your wife? Go on, hug your wife!'”

Марш Рівності-2020 відбудеться онлайн – організатори

Цьогорічний Марш рівності відбудеться в онлайн-форматі, повідомляє пресслужба громадської організації «КиївПрайд».

«Запланований ПрайдМісяць, який мав відбутися з 17 травня по 21 червня 2020 року, наразі змінив формат і переноситься в онлайн під назвою ПрайдОнлайн… 21 червня вперше в історії українського прайд-руху відбудеться Марш Рівності онлайн», – йдеться в повідомленні.

 

 

Як повідомила Марина Герц, програмна координаторка ГО «КиївПрайд», глядачі та глядачки зможуть доєднатися до лекцій, панельних дискусій, марафонів, які транслюватимуть на сторінках «КиївПрайду» у соцмережах.

«Наш цьогорічний слоган «Бути різними добре разом» про об’єднання та про спільність. Бути разом можна в будь-яких умовах, а в такі складні часи просто необхідно», – заявила Марина Герц.

«ПрайдОнлайн» розпочнеться 6 червня і закінчиться 27 червня.

 

 

 

Wisconsin Reports its Highest Daily Increase in COVID-19 Cases

Health officials in the midwestern U.S. state of Wisconsin reported a record number of new COVID-19 cases Thursday, two weeks after the state Supreme Court struck down a state-wide stay-at-home order issued by the governor and enacted by the state health department. The Wisconsin Department of Health Services reported 599 new known COVID-19 cases Wednesday, with 22 known deaths, the highest recorded daily rise since the pandemic began. The department reports the state had more than 16,460 known cases and 539 known deaths as of Wednesday. The previous state record number of new coronavirus cases was 528 a week earlier. The department also reported the state issued a record number of test results Wednesday with more than 10,300 tests conducted.  On May 13, in a 4-3 ruling, the Wisconsin Supreme Court ruled the state’s stay-at-home order during the pandemic was “unlawful, invalid, and unenforceable” after finding that the state’s health secretary exceeded her authority. While some Wisconsin municipalities continued to enforce their own COVID-19-related restrictions, some bars and restaurants were filled with customers within hours of the ruling. Some local officials, including those in the cities of Milwaukee and Madison, have since instituted their own regulations. The order that was struck down had directed all people in the state to stay at home or at their places of residence, subject only to exceptions allowed by the health secretary, the ruling said. The order, which had been set to run until May 26, also restricted travel and business, along with threatening jail time or fines for those who didn’t comply.